Party Wall Matters and Advice

If you propose to undertake an extension or any type of structural alteration at your property which may have an affect upon the strength or function of a party wall, which may cause damage to the adjoining property, then a Party Wall Award is required.

As a building owner, you must notify adjoining owners of your intention to undertake work.

This notice gives adjoining owners the right to appoint a surveyor to protect their property against potential damage.

FSL will prepare a document setting out the rights and responsibilities of the respective owners which is known as a ‘Party Wall Award’. This is a legally binding document.

We regularly prepare Party Wall Awards for parties undertaking work and those affected by it.

FSL are an experienced Party Wall surveying practice and we are able to provide advice and assist in compliance with legislation.

We work with both building owners and adjoining owners’ to advise on their rights and responsibilities.

Our company strives for excellence in the administration of the Act.

External links:

Circle Drawing






Get In Touch

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)


    Your Message